Supplemental Facebook View Data Policy
Effective Date: 9/9/2021
Facebook View (as defined below) is a wearable experience that enables you to interact with your environment in new and innovative ways. Facebook View companion app (the “App”) pairs with Ray-Ban Stories glasses manufactured and distributed by Luxottica (the “Glasses”). Facebook software powers the smart features on the Glasses. This policy applies to “Facebook View,” which means, together, the App, the software on the Glasses, and their related services and features. Facebook View is a Facebook Product (as defined in the Facebook Data Policy) and is available to users who have an active and valid Facebook account.
The Facebook Data Policy describes the information we process to support Facebook Products, including Facebook View. This Supplemental Facebook View Data Policy supplements the Facebook Data Policy by explaining the additional information we collect, use, and share when you use Facebook View, including when you use Facebook Assistant (see section 4 below), and how we work with Luxottica (see section 5 below).
You can choose to communicate and share content on Facebook View using other Facebook Company Products. If you choose to do so, information relating to your use of the Facebook Company Product will be processed in accordance with the terms of service, data policy, and other terms applicable to that Facebook Company Product.
1. What kinds of information do we collect?
In addition to the information described in the Facebook Data Policy under “What kinds of information do we collect?”, we collect the following categories of information when you use Facebook View:
- Photo and Video Information: When the cameras and microphones are activated on the Glasses, we collect photo and video information, including the following:
- Photos and Video Recordings. You can use the Glasses to take photographs and video recordings (with or without audio). You can then edit this content in the App. This content is stored on your Glasses, until it is uploaded to your App. We also collect metadata in or about the content, such as the date and time you created the content.
- Device Information: In addition to the information we collect through or from cookies, pixels, and similar technologies described in the Facebook Data Policy and Facebook Cookies Policy, we collect the following information about your Glasses and the App when you use Facebook View:
- Essential Data is information needed to help keep the Glasses and the App reliable, secure, and operating normally. For example, we collect information to capture the success or failure of specific functions (including when you are pairing the Glasses with the App) and to authenticate you (including when you sign into the App with your Facebook account). In addition, similar to other devices or apps, when Facebook View experiences a crash or malfunctions a log is sent to Facebook that includes information in use at the time of the crash event, such as the date and time of the crash and what features of the App you used immediately prior to the crash event.
- Additional Data is information about how you use the Glasses and the App, which we use to provide a better experience. For example, we collect information such as the number of images captured, the time spent taking videos, and the average length of videos captured. Learn more about Additional Data and your choice to share it with Facebook.
2. How do we use this information?
- In addition to the uses of information described in the Facebook Data Policy under “How do we use this information?”, we use information we collect when you use Facebook View in the following ways:
- Provide our services. We use Essential Data in accordance with the Facebook Data Policy, including to keep the Glasses paired with the App, install software updates for security and stability of the Glasses and the App, and ensure that you can interact with the Glasses and the App in a reliable manner.
- Improve your experience. In addition to keeping Facebook View reliable and secure, we use Additional Data (subject to the choice you make) to improve and personalize your experience with Facebook Products. Learn more about Additional Data and your choice to share it with Facebook.
3. How do we share this information?
We share information we collect when you use Facebook View as described in the Facebook Data Policy under “How is this information shared?” and as described in the following sections.
4. How do we process information when you use Facebook Assistant?
This Section applies when Facebook Assistant is available on Facebook View and you enable it.
- When you use Facebook Assistant, audio recordings and transcripts of your voice interactions, as well as data related to your voice interactions (such as the hardware version of your glasses and length of the audio related to your interaction) are processed to respond to your requests. Voice interactions are things you say to Facebook Assistant, including if you mistakenly invoke Facebook Assistant, as well as any background sound that happens when you use Facebook Assistant.
- Depending on your preferences, we also store and process information about your voice interactions to help improve Facebook Assistant. You can manage voice storage to improve Facebook Assistant in your Settings. You can also access and delete stored information in your Settings or in Your Facebook Information. When voice storage for product improvement is on, we use machine learning and trained reviewers to process information to improve, troubleshoot, and train Facebook Assistant, and we share that information with certain third parties for product improvement. We also share such information for law enforcement purposes or as otherwise required by law as described in the Facebook Data Policy under “How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?”.
- You can learn more about Facebook Assistant, including further details about what information we collect when you use Facebook Assistant and your choices over how we process that information, in the Facebook Assistant FAQ.
5. How do Facebook and Luxottica work together?
Luxottica Group S.p.A. (“Luxottica”) is the manufacturer and distributor of the Glasses and any information you provide to Luxottica in connection with your purchase of the Glasses is subject to Luxottica’s terms and policies. We share and receive information with Luxottica to manage your customer service requests; for example, Luxottica shares with us your name, email address and information about the issue you are experiencing, and we share with Luxottica information to help resolve the issue, such as steps to resolve a problem with your Facebook account. We also share and receive aggregated information and insights with Luxottica relating to marketing, usage, sales, and post-sale activities. Luxottica does not collect information directly from your use of the Glasses and the App.
6. Privacy Notice for California residents
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your consumer privacy rights by reviewing the California Privacy Notice.
7. How to contact Facebook?
If you have any questions or complaints relating to theFacebook Data Policy or this Supplemental Facebook View Data Policy, or wish to find out more about how to exercise your ability to access, rectify, port and erase the information collected through Facebook View, please refer to your Facebook Settings or you can contact us online.